Monday, January 24, 2005

Election Day

All the voting for Yeovil District Hospital Staff Governor has happened now and this afternoon sees the count. There's 10 candidates, going for 5 places on the board (the board is huge, with 31 members).

The way I see it is that there's 2 candidates that are shoo-ins to be elected, 2 that I'll be surprised to see elected and the rest of us (including me) somewhere in the middle. If I have got elected, then it won't be by many votes at all, but if I'm honest, then I think I might lose out.

It would be a disappointment not to be elected, but in a way that will give me more freedom to act without somehow being seen as "representing" the hospital. Whatever happens, I'll pay very close attention to the workings of the Board in the next three years.

UPDATE (6:30pm) They counted this afternoon, planning to announce at 4:30pm but for some reason decided not to announce the result publically until Tuesday morning, so I might be a governor, or not, I just don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment