Monday, February 21, 2005

Clarification

I said that I'm not opposed to hunting, which may come as a surprise to any blog readers who don't know me. What I've realised is that I'm opposed to hunters, the people who think they rule me.

The ban on hunting is clearly unjust, anyone can see that, it's not supported on animal welfare grounds, it's certainly illiberal. However I can't stop myself being pleased that it's banned. It's even better than your team scoring an injury time goal, in an offside position, with a handball and with the referee not noticing the foul on the goalkeeper. The fact that it's unjust just makes it feel all the sweeter to me.

Dennis Skinner supposedly said something like "This makes up for the miners." No it doesn't Dennis, The ruling class have done us down for nearly 1,000 years, this is one victory against a millennium of hurt and the more they don't like it, the more I'll enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment