Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Running for election

As Yeovil District Hospital is going for Foundation status, I've thrown my hat into the ring to stand for one of the five Staff Governor seats. We were only allowed 100 words for the nomination form and that's way too short for a windbag like me. Still I managed to fit this in.

"I work in Finance as an Assistant Management Accountant but more of you will know me as UNISON’s branch secretary. In that role I have given advice to many staff and taken your concerns and feelings to the highest level. If elected I would carry on working with management on behalf of all staff.

If you wish to vote for me to work for you on the Board of Governors then please consider voting for Sue Chesterman who I have worked with and would make an excellent Governor."


Sue Chesterman is the CSP rep for the hospital and she's also Deputy Secretary of the Staff Side where I'm Vice-Chair. I've advertised this site on the nomination form so I'm expecting a flood of literally couples of extra visitors. If elected I'm going to use this as a forum for letting people know what I'm up to on their behalf.

No comments:

Post a Comment